Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to provide program management support to the Mission Planning office at the Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL. This position provides analytic and acquisition support to AMC/A8/A5 for the procurement of mission planning hardware, software and services. Services, except temporary duty assignments, will be performed at Scott AFB unless otherwise specified by contract.
LOCATION: Scott AFB, IL
JOB STATUS: Full time
- Develops/reviews acquisition documentation, conducts market research, oversees HW/SW evaluations, reviews bid proposals, and coordinates hardware procurements.
- Support development/review of Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other procurement related documents utilized during the acquisition of Mission Planning Systems hardware, software services and support for AMC HQ.
- Support market research to stay abreast of the latest commercial technology for solutions to meet user requirements.
- Support review of bid proposals and make recommendations as appropriate to the government for contract award.
- Support initial testing of submissions to Hill AFB or Scott AFB for evaluation.
- Ensures items are delivered in accordance with awarded delivery order, ensures continued viability of procured hardware, tracks receipt of hardware items, and ensures technical orders are produced and delivered with all systems.
- Assess items delivered in accordance with awarded delivery order are consistent to contract specifications and support first-article and pre-shipment inspections to verify compliance.
- Review all technical order documentation produced to ensure it’s complete and delivered with each fielded system.
- Provide analysis and metrics data on hardware/software trends to support acquisition reporting for Air Staff and MAJCOM Planning Programming, Budgeting, and Execution activities.
- Provide analysis and metrics data on hardware trends to support acquisition reporting for Air Staff and MAJCOM Planning Programming, Budgeting, and Execution activities.
- Prepare position papers and briefings on request.
- Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS reviews.
- The candidate will be able to support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance
- Master’s degree and 12 years of experience (5 DoD), or Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of directly related experience (5 DoD), or 20 years of directly related experienceBachelor’s degree and 15 years of relevant experience
- Individual must have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of mission planning software acquisition programs.
- Familiarity with AMC platform operations to include AMC Airlift (C-5), Tanker (KC-46, KC-135, KC-10), and Air Drop (C-17, C-130) platforms and the MPS-based Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Service (MAFPS) System. In addition, specialized missions associated with the HH-60 and HC/MC-130 platforms.
- Possess knowledge of support activities that assist the program manager in assessing what programs are within schedule and cost baselines, be able to recommend viable solutions to problems and the pursuit of alternative courses of action.
- Individual must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.).
- Individual shall be able to plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; formulate plans and recommend effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.