Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Architect to provide subject matter expertise to the HBJ Division, which is within the PEO Digital Directorate (formerly known as the Battle Management Directorate), located at Hanscom AFB, MA.
LOCATION: Hanscom AFB, MA
JOB STATUS: Full time
- Determining gaps between the current and the target architecture and recommending plans for transitioning to target architecture.
- Recommending the policies and principles to guide technology decisions for the enterprise architecture.
- Identifying opportunities to improve enterprise-level systems to support business processes and utilize emerging technologies.
- Promoting and educating customers and stakeholders on the use and value of the enterprise architecture.
- Providing enterprise architecture guidance, support, and coordination to customers and IT project teams.
- Documenting the enterprise architecture infrastructure, including the business units and key processes, using modeling techniques.
- Ensuring technical integration is achieved across the enterprise by participating in test planning, validation, and reviews.
- Evaluating the impact of enterprise architecture products and services on IT investments, business operations, stakeholder satisfaction, and other outcomes.
- Coordinating and conducting governance and portfolio management activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture; and/or ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices to all components of the enterprise architecture.
- Supporting and advising on development of Service Oriented Architectures for software development.
- Participate in the creation and analysis of mission threads, scenarios, and use cases based on operational inputs of E-4B operators to assess and refine system models and requirements.
- Provide technical recommendation support services, including reviews, studies, audits, evaluations and analyses, scientific and procedural guidance, documentation, technical analysis, and support of associated engineering IPTs.
- Must have experience with the Dept. of Defense Architecture Framewortk (DoDAF)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active US Top Secret clearance
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as engineering, mathematics, or computer science and at least seven (7) years’ experience in program architecture and systems engineering
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: See below
PREFERRED: A master’s degree in a technical field such as engineering and at least five (5) years’ experience in program architecture and systems engineering
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as engineering, mathematics, or computer science and at least seven (7) years’ experience in program architecture and systems engineering.
- Five (5) years’ experience developing and analyzing DoDAF viewpoints.
- Three (3) years’ experience using requirements database tools such as DOORS.
- Three (3) years’ experience using system/software modeling tools such as IBM Rhapsody to develop system models, use cases and mission scenarios.
- Three (3) years’ experience using architecture tools such as IBM Rhapsody or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio for developing, editing and reviewing engineering plans and documentation.
- Communications and presentation skills – ability to develop and present technical briefings to senior decision making officials.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.