OASIS Systems, LLC has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Technician. The Engineering Technician will assist senior level personnel in support of customers to conduct acoustic measurements by loading transducers and equipment onto the Sound Measurement Platform (SMP) located on Lake Seneca, then deploying the equipment from the SMP. The Engineering Technician will have the lead for facility maintenance and repair. Duties will include trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance and repair of mechanical and hydraulic systems; includes welding, fabrication, assembly and installation of handling structures and equipment on facility test platforms. Will be trained for safe operation of all forklifts and boats on site. Perform general barge/facility upkeep and maintenance. Candidate will also be trained in Safe Rigging Practices in accordance with NAVFAC P-307.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Entry Level - 3 to 5 years of experience.
- EDUCATION: High School
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Welding Certification is a plus.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- TRAVEL: N/A
- Must be able to perform welding.
- Must be able to be certified in operation of 3 ton and 7.5-ton forklifts.
- Must have the ability to work in an outdoor environment, variable, adverse, or inclement weather.
- Musts have the ability to pass physical exam, training and certification in use of a respirator, and drug testing.
- Must be able to lift 95lbs and carry up and down stairs.
- Must be comfortable working in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be team oriented.
- Welding Certification is a plus.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Performing a variety mechanical trade functions such as installation and preventative maintenance, or repair of equipment including boats, forklifts, generators, and other equipment. Knowledge of blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications is helpful.
- Perform weight handling services to include the operation and maintenance of forklifts and potentially other weight handling equipment, including stationary/mobile crane operations, and rigging.
- Perform fabrication services to include traditional metal cutting/turning technologies, welding, metal fabrication (rolling, punching, forming) and general wood working/carpentry.
- Surface Craft Operation and Maintenance. Operates and maintains government owned service craft including inland waterway boat operation, barge moving, and line handling, mooring, docking and undocking.
- Perform painting, grinding, welding and other related work.
- Perform maintenance services to include preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and general up-keep of all facility assets/vessels.
- Assist with fabrication, assembly, and installation of handling structures/equipment on facility test platforms.
- Modify and/or adjust equipment to meet the customer’s test objectives.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.