Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer (Cloud Emphasis) located at Randolph AFB, Texas. The selected candidate will provide systems and software engineering support to the Air Force Human Resources Systems Division.
This position will be focused on providing systems and software engineering support to the Air Force Human Resources Systems Division. The person that fills this position will apply their systems engineering and Cloud expertise on the HR Systems Web applications and its subsystems. This role will require experience with technical planning, acquisition and sustainment of Cloud-Hosted Web Applications.
The successful candidate will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of systems engineering principles to the acquisition and sustainment process. The individual shall be able to:
- Provide technical consultation and support in the development of Cloud-Hosted web applications and programs.
- Provide software/systems engineering, analyses, specialized technical support to technical interchange meetings, direct assistance to program managers to support the design and fielding of HR systems;
- Analyze business requirements, design specifications and technical specifications and build Cloud-based solutions;
- Provide guidance to implement Agile software development methodologies including automated test and deployment tools;
- Provide guidance to implement Cloud Software Engineering/Development methodologies;
- Develop and maintain System Topology and Architecture Diagrams;
- Lead and/or perform modeling, simulation and analysis efforts;
- Participate in Integrated Products Team (IPT) meetings and reviews to ensure System Integrator is adhering to program requirements and systems engineering process;
- Review and provide system and software engineering and technical advice /assistance on project deliverables such as:
- Software Development Plan
- Software and Interface Requirements Specification
- Software and Interface Design Description
- Database Design Description
- Software Test Plan, Test Description, and Test Report
- Software Product Specifications
- Data Migration Plans / Reports (Technical Reports)
- Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Provide inputs to program and project risk management activities;
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field; possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline. Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise.
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 12 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or,
- 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Hold or ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Highly proficient with computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), expert attention-to-detail & highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
PROGRAM SPECIFIC SKILL SET:
Applicant must have experience with the following technology stack:
- Knowledge of Cloud (AWS, Azure) infrastructure architecture, development methodologies and service types (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS);
- Knowledge of Data Base Management Systems, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) systems, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), and Application Servers;
- Technical / Analytical skills in systems/software engineering and support to full acquisition life-cycle, from pre-award to post-award, development, testing, and fielding;
- Experience in Air Force Program system engineering policies, procedures, and practices;
- Experience as a systems engineer for large enterprise software or ERP system;
- AWS Cloud Solutions Architect Associate (or equivalent Cloud related certification);
- IBM WebSphere (IBM WAS/HIS/RAD) Knowledge/Experience;
- Micro Focus SilkTest Software and/or Automated Testing Knowledge ;
- Knowledge of secure software development such as Oracle Single-Sign On (SSO) Software and/or Working Knowledge or Implementation Experience;
- Knowledge of Reporting Tools supporting Cloud Implementation;
- MS Office Applications – MS Visio, MS Access DB, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook;
In addition to the skill set and qualifications listed above, possessing any of the following Certifications is also desirable:
- AWS Cloud Solutions Architect Professional Certification
- Network + Cert
- Security + Cert
- CISSP Cert
- CSSLP Cert
- CMMI Level 2.0 Software Process Improvement