Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies. We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
As part of our ongoing support to Navy Ship HM&E Systems and related Cyber Security requirements, Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Computer Engineer Level II to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division’s Cybersecure Hull, Mechanical, & Electrical (HM&E) Control Systems & Networks Department. NSWCPD HM&E supports US Navy HM&E Controls, Navigation, Casualty Control, Conditioned-Based Maintenance, and Network Systems on all US Navy Surface Combatant, Amphibious, Aircraft Carrier ships and the development, modernization, acquisition and life cycle maintenance of Control Systems across all ship platforms. The work to be performed includes all activities associated with various Control Systems, computer program development, Risk Management Framework (RMF) Support, Cybersecurity, testing, equipment harvesting and installation on both in-service and new-ship-construction. Tasks include testing, oversight of installations, installation support (lab and shipboard), in both new construction and back-fit shipyards. Performing systems engineering analysis in order to interface control systems with other new or modified shipboard systems; troubleshooting control system hardware issues at the Land Based Engineering Site/Test Facilities (LBTF/TS) in Philadelphia, PA as well as sustainment and fleet modernization efforts around the world; upgrading the cyber security features of the existing and future control system variants; Supporting the RMF process; addressing obsolete hardware with the most cost effective solutions possible.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 4 - 7 years of professional experience in cyber security engineering.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or a Cyber Security related degree from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Must have one of the following: CSSLP, ECSP, SECURE C++ or Bachelor’s Degree from accredited University.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have and maintain at a minimum SECRET security clearance
- TRAVEL: Occasional travel may be required to the following locations: Washington, DC, Norfolk, VA, San Diego, CA, Sasebo, Japan, Pascagoula, MS, Bath ME, Mayport, FL, Leesburg, VA, and New Orleans, LA.
- Must have one (1) year of professional experience with IT infrastructure, networks, and/or network security.
- Must have Security+ or CISSP Certification.
- Must have one (1) year of professional experience using vulnerability analysis tools.
- Must have one (1) year of professional experience maintaining and configuring various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, VxWorks, or other Embedded Operating Systems.
- Must have one (1) year of professional experience with cyber controls such as intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention system, firewall configurations, and access control lists.
- Must have one (1) year of professional experience developing and/or maintaining new and/or existing cyber security requirements.
- Working knowledge of the Navy Ship Control Systems, Naval Sea System Command, Naval Surface Warfare Center and Fleet organizations is highly desired.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Provide software lifecycle support following the NSWCPD System Engineering Process (SEP) with applicable Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) standards and specifications.
- Develop new and modified control system computer programs from software requirements. Provide input to software team to develop requirements and desired functionality of the control system
- Develop and/or modify computer code in the following languages: C/C++, C#, Real-time Object-oriented Simulation Environment (ROSE), Java, Visual basic, JUnit, Gradle, Git, Fedora/Redhat/CentOS, Linux 6 & 7 and MATLAB, as well as other related high-level programming languages. The contractor shall support a range of integrated developer environments including but not limited to Visual Studio, and Eclipse.
- Develop and/or modify Graphical User Interfaces using applicable development tools.
- Develop software for embedded systems.
- Use networked and IP-based systems and knowledge of network protocols including TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) and UDP (User datagram Protocol).
- Design, develop, implement and test mathematical software-based simulations of electrical power and machinery systems. This will also involve evaluation and analysis of equipment and system designs and test data. Knowledge of Diesel Engines, Statistics, Physics, Proportional Integral Derivative controllers, Hardware Design and Project Management
- Participate in setting up and conducting laboratory and field testing to include developing test methodologies, test planning and execution, related instrumentation and sensors, and data analysis.
- Develop, plan, schedule, and execute test plans and test procedures for control system computer programs and hardware.
- Development technical documentation as it relates to control system or control system interfaces (e.g. Interface Design Documents, user manuals, training manuals, maintenance guides).
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.