Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Administrative/Human Resources Assistant in direct support of the HR Directors and Senior Vice President of HR in Rockville, MD. This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level HR professional to learn and grow within the organization. The Administrative/Human Resources Assistant must be an organized and customer service-oriented HR professional. The Administrative/Human Resources Assistant must have experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with iCIMS is a plus.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Must have at least one (1) one to (2) two years of HR related experience.
- EDUCATION: BA/BS degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- TRAVEL: 10%
- Strong organization skills. Must have the ability to prioritize work and balance complex projects.
- Must possess a high level of integrity with the ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Willingness to learn and be a team player.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Be highly proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
Administrative Assistant (50%):
- Assisting with the planning, scheduling, and coordinating of activities, meetings, and company events. This includes but is not limited to ordering food, assisting with travel arrangements, and booking conference rooms.
- Ordering supplies for both office suites and ensuring that the kitchens and supply areas are fully stocked.
- Ordering business cards and Oasis attire as needed.
- Completing Purchase Requisitions for orders.
- Submitting maintenance requests as needed.
- Other office administration tasks as needed.
HR Assistant (50%)
- Completing employment verifications and meeting with special investigators related to DoD Security Clearances to review personnel files.
- Completing Background/Education Checks prior to a new hire’s start date.
- Reviewing, completing, and maintaining I9 forms.
- Personnel filing.
- Establishing, preparing and reviewing personnel files for all new hires, maintain throughout the life of employment.
- I9 verification, entry and tracking
- Providing administrative support for our ISO 9001:2015 certification program.
- HR Projects as assigned.
- Assisting employees with questions with policies, benefits, etc.
- Assisting employees with training and tuition reimbursements and completing check requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.