Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a SAS Project Manager as a full time W-2 employee (Consultants and/or C2C will not be considered for this position) to support the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in Washington, DC. The successful candidate shall provide project management oversight and support of data analytics, data mining, large data manipulation, data exploration, data visualization and the use of data analytic tools including descriptive, prescriptive, predictive analytics. Activities which the successful candidate will be required to perform include project management, analytics development and implementation, data analytics operations and maintenance, data quality management/testing and quality assurance, development and implementation of data analytics and data quality management strategies, business requirements and technical analysis, recommendations for technical solutions, applications, and/or tools. SAS code development, testing, documentation, maintenance and production operations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience as a Data Analyst as well as at least 2-4 years of Project Management experience to include defining and staying within the scope of the project, developing project schedules, monitoring overall progress and use of resources.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: A minimum of 8 years of SAS experience. While not required, experience with MicroStrategy, Revolution Analytics “R”, SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence Platform, and Python are a plus.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to pass a Special Agreement Check (SAC) and a National Agency Check and Inquires (NACI) Background Investigation - Public Trust
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
While not required, it would be preferred if the candidate had the following:
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: Experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TMS), MicroStrategy, Revolution Analytics “R”, Python, SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence Platform, FIXML, and Microsoft SharePoint are a plus.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Communicate daily with the COR to keep them up to date with the latest activities and inform them of any potential issues/concerns.
- Meet weekly with the COR to review the current status report of all ongoing and completed work, identifying impacts to schedule and task order budget.
- Provide meeting minutes for each meeting, including analyst design and close out meetings within three business days after the meeting.
- Prepare all required reports, deliverables and other documentation in conformance with the Chicago Manual of Style (16th ed.) and the Microsoft Manual of Style which comprise the CFTC ODT Documentation Standards. For each project, create a project management plan and schedule based on high level requirements and continuously update the project plan based on discussions with stakeholders, data analyst findings, and in depth understanding of user requirements. Ensure all programming/coding files are stored in the Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Ensure all project documents are stored at the SharePoint site.
- Create documentation as required under the PMLC and the Configuration Change Board (CCB) in order to move projects to the production environment.
- Coordinate with internal and external organizations providing data to understand and resolve improper data formatting and other integration issues.
- When using SAS to create analytics, create and maintain customized SAS stored processes and SAS Macro libraries. Open source programming languages like R and Python may be used in addition to SAS. Perform quality control on all team deliverables to ensure they comply with CFTC standards, including security and Enterprise Architecture guidance.
- Ensure status reports are submitted in the ODT status report system weekly. Verify each report complies with ODT standards.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting on data analytic packages such as SAS stored processes.
- Participate in facilitated meetings between stakeholders at CFTC which may include regular status meetings, user acceptance testing meetings and ad hoc development discussions.
- Data analysis tasks may be varied. They will include complex data requests that require data mining, extraction, and query optimization services from Divisions throughout the CFTC.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.