Human Solutions, Inc. [HSI], a Division of Oasis Systems, is a professional services company that was established in 1997. Through the knowledge and experience of its skilled professionals, the company offers a wide range of technical and management services for air traffic control providers, aviation planners, airport operators, and business management services for government and industry. Our core competencies include engineering, human factors, air traffic systems support, safety and QMS, program management, and organizational development.
HSI has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high-quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
We seek a self-motivated, independent thinker who is inquisitive, able to learn quickly, and requires minimal supervision. The Technical Writer will produce original content in a variety of formats and styles to translate senior leadership’s strategic vision into messaging that resonates positively at all levels of the workforce. The Technical Writer also prepares, reviews, and revises documents to conform to existing style guidelines and industry best practices. Experience with strategic communications and working directly with senior leaders is required.
- Works within a small communications team to develop key messaging to support the strategic communications goals of the customer.
- Writes original content in the form of articles, columns, talking points, etc. by gathering and assessing information from a wide variety of sources.
- Edits, standardizes, and revises material prepared by FAA staff members, organizing and formatting content for clarity, flow, and readability.
- Prepares, edits, or revises reports, correspondences, briefings, and other documentation.
- Ensures clarity and grammatical correctness of all written materials through attention to detail and the application of recognized editorial techniques.
- Helps develop graphic concepts for communicating key messages.
- Tracks and reports progress of various projects.
- Provides ad hoc support to FAA customer by taking meeting notes, conducting research and analysis, conducting fact-checks, gathering information, etc.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing or a related/ relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of related professional experience.
- FAA/Federal agency experience highly preferred.
Skills and Qualities
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain professional, positive relationships with a wide variety of customers, including senior executives, engineers, technicians, managers, and administrative staff.
- Must be able to write in a wide variety of formats, styles, and “voices.”
- Able to apply advanced concepts and strategies when writing and editing.
- Able to produce high quality work under tight and sometimes shifting deadlines.
- Must have a disciplined work ethic and the ability to prioritize and juggle projects.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must enjoy working collaboratively within a small team of communications professionals.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite (Word professional documentation styles, features and production, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have strong oral communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Federally-mandated “plain language” a plus.
- Experience using InDesign a plus.
HSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.