Human Solutions, Inc. [HSI], a Division of Oasis Systems, is a professional services company that was established in 1997. Through the knowledge and experience of its skilled professionals, the company offers a wide range of technical and management services for air traffic control providers, aviation planners, airport operators, and business management services for government and industry. Our core competencies include: engineering, human factors, air traffic systems support, safety and QMS, program management and organizational development.
HSI has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
Function: The individual in this position is responsible for providing accounting support to Human Solutions, Inc. (HSI) a division of Oasis Systems, LLC. This position is based full time at HSI’s office in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate would have excellent accounting skills including a full understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and project accounting as it pertains to Federal government contracting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of period end closeouts, reporting and analysis.
- Utilize computerized accounting system to manage daily activities, including entry of cash and AP activity.
- Provide monthly detailed backup to the Controller for general journal entries.
- Maintain organized and thorough supporting documentation files for accounting records.
- Assist with payroll and 401(k) related items as required.
- Review and maintain various modules and timekeeping in Deltek systems.
- Assist with completion of monthly invoice cycle as required.
- Assist with review and analysis of project costs each month to ensure timely monthly revenue recognition and invoicing.
- Assist with reconciliation, analysis and research of unbilled costs.
- Follow up on collection of accounts receivable to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Process payment of vendor bills and required tax payments.
- Review and process timesheets assuring proper posting of labor in accordance with government contracting regulations to general ledger and job cost ledgers.
- Perform tasks relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable and time reporting.
- Provide support for monthly/annual reporting packages, backlog reporting and annual incurred cost submission (for DCAA).
- Provide support for annual & periodic audit requirements.
- Support contracts closeout process package generating financial reports and final invoices when requested.
- Assist with maintaining job costing and task based P&Ls.
- Monitor daily bank activity and postings to general ledger.
- Assist with coordinating corporate annual budget and financial plan for HSI.
- Hands-on experience with project accounting, timekeeping and expense reporting.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical, organization and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented professional in their dealings with external and internal customers.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and set priorities in a growing company, as well as meet all deadlines set externally or internally.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
- Must be a fully involved team member and be able to work harmoniously with both employees and management personnel.
- Must have knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices (GAAP).
- Understanding of government contracting (DCAA requirements) a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five years accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience in Federal government contracting is a plus.
- Experience using DCAA compliant software - Deltek CostPoint is a plus.
- Prior public accounting experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.