Human Solutions, Inc. [HSI], a Division of Oasis Systems, is a professional services company that was established in 1997. Through the knowledge and experience of its skilled professionals, the company offers a wide range of technical and management services for air traffic control providers, aviation planners, airport operators, and business management services for government and industry. Our core competencies include: engineering, human factors, air traffic systems support, safety and QMS, program management and organizational development.
HSI has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high-quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the office, including scheduling appointments and managing calendar.
- Greets guests, responds promptly to telephone and email inquiries; prepares, maintains and distributes phone directories; communicates all necessary information to the directorate; provides information about activities in general in response to telephone, facsimile, email and postal inquiries; identifies and requests additional resources as needed, i.e., supply orders.
- Makes all travel arrangements. Arranges schedule of visits, hotel, and car reservations. Develops and submits travel vouchers upon completion of trips ensuring that necessary documentation and receipts are provided. Estimates the amount of per diem and transportation.
- Serves as primary office contact for the organization, interacting with NAS customers, other ATO organizations, and external lines of business on a day-to-day basis.
- Assists with the logistics and organization of any AJW-supported meetings and manages all correspondence directed to the organization’s leadership.
- Receives confidential documents and sensitive information in the form of reports, and processes them in accordance with the known wishes of the director. Ensures that appropriate safeguards are established and maintained for employee selections, executive or management decisions, political issues, and emergency preparedness.
- Reviews incoming memos and reports in order to determine their significance and to plan for their distribution.
- Prepares agendas and makes arrangements for meetings (e.g., booking meeting space, arranging conference lines).
- Uses a variety of office equipment, such as fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, videoconferencing and telephone systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree with 5 years of related experience, Associate of Arts/Science degree and 10 years of related experience, or 15 years of related experience in business/ financial operations and scheduling.
- FAA experience is preferred.
Skills and Qualities:
- Self-motivated, independent thinker that requires minimal supervision
- Ideal candidate is a customer-service oriented problem solver with the ability to work independently and as part of diverse teams
- Excellent people skills—is able to work with teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority. An ability to work with many personality types and style preferences at the same time and help provide a constructive work environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, organizational, critical thinking and analysis, and interpersonal skills are essential
- Must be flexible in adapting to deadlines and changing priorities, has a proactive attitude and a disciplined work ethic. A demonstrated flexibility of schedule and ability to handle last minute, short turnaround items. This includes an ability to quickly assess a situation or deliverable and then implement the most beneficial changes possible in the available time.
- The ability to rebound and adapt quickly to sudden changes in deliverable requirements or deliverable expectations
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once
- Controlling and managing calendars for senior level executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."