Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an IT Help Desk and Network Administrator focusing support in our Lexington, MA office. The IT Help Desk and Network Administrator will support the onsite and remote staff and will report to the IT Director and receive daily direction from the IT Help Desk Supervisor and will be tasked with performing the following IT and cyber related tasks.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL: A minimum of two (2) years of Help Desk and Network Administration support.
- EDUCATION: AA or BS in IT, cyber security, or related field is desired.
- JOB STATUS: Full-Time and on call 24/7 as necessary
- Solid technical knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office 365
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with TCP/IP – Connectivity Troubleshooting
- Experience with workstation deployment and patching using Quest KACE appliances
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, ESXi)
- Experience with SharePoint support and administration
- Experience with Firewall, Content Filtering, and Intrusion Prevention System configurations
- Attention to detail with an eye for a high level of accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
- Be highly proactive and self-motivated
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior and executive level personnel, and team members
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work and balance complex projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to accept constructive feedback and implement changes immediately.
- The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner
- The ability to work well under pressure
Additional Preferred Technical Skills/Industry Knowledge:
- Quest KACE
- Dell Data Protection
- VOIP systems
- Backup and Recovery Planning
- SQL Server Administration
- NIST Special Publications (800-37, 800-53, 800-18, 800-171, etc.)
- Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA)
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
Managing Endpoints and User Accounts
- Provide IT Help Desk and Network support for a Windows environment consisting of multiple servers (both physical and virtual), laptops, network devices (switches and firewalls), and various mobile devices nationally across multiple divisional offices.
- Serve as the primary local contact for Office 365 (OneDrive, SharePoint, Email, and Skype for Business etc.) Administration, AD Accounts, and File Sharing Permissions
- Processes onboarding for new employees coordinating with the IT Help Desk Supervisor
- Mitigation of viruses, malware, and other cyber security related vulnerabilities
- Deploys Quest KACE SDA Images and processes
- Supports the maintenance of the Quest KACE SMA Software catalog
- Updates Quest KACE SMA Asset database for all IT Equipment
- Performs network printer configuration, installation and support
- Responsible for maintaining the LAN room and IT equipment storage including laptops, mobile phones, desktops, software, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance of IT equipment to include; inspection, configuration, and maintenance of workstations, printers, and peripherals
VTC & AV Support
- Primary local support for FUZE VOIP Cloud phone system
- As requested, coordinate VTC/Telepresence Meetings via FUZE
- Support and maintain local AV equipment (Projectors, TV’s, Video Switches, computers, etc.)
General Support Activities
- Functions as the primary point of contact for Help Desk and Network administration related support for the Lexington, MA office.
- Support the Oasis corporate IT team in developing and maintaining the corporate IT Knowledge Base, IT specific training and development plans, and IT and cyber security specific policies, processes, and system specific documentation
- Escalates technical cases as needed to the IT Help Desk Supervisor
- Keeps the IT Help Desk Supervisor informed for all Technical Support Areas
- Record all support requests, troubleshooting steps, and resolution in the call ticketing software (Quest KACE SMA)
- Responds to support incidents and service requests within a timely manner; as defined by the IT Director.
- Escalates support tickets to the IT Help Desk Supervisor when appropriate.
- Communication with end-users in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Assists with building and maintaining a heightened awareness of IT and cyber security within the organization
- Assisting with other duties & projects as assigned
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.