MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Senior Systems Engineer Level IV in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. This System Engineer IV position supports the back-end of a next generation end user environment that combines a standard modern Windows based Desktop and Office Automation, with Unified Communications through a virtual environment. It brings improvements to desktop reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. With tools for creating, connecting, and collaborating, this environment allows managers, engineers, analysts, and other user groups to focus on their job, while this program provides the necessary IT support.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL & EDUCATION: (Minimum equivalent combined education and experience required) Either a Doctorate plus 4 years, OR Master’s plus 6 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 8 years, Associate’s plus 10 years, OR H.S./GED plus 12 years
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position:
- Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- TRAVEL: Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Must have experience with NAGIOS and the ability to provide productive changes and architectural guidance for the service in the future.
- Must have good general experience with cloud/servers/network/storage
- Linux as primary O/S skill, with Windows as secondary
- Must have experience with VMWare
- Must have experience with syslog, ansible, chef, and/or puppet
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate shall have experience with the following:
- Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of monitoring systems
- Shell scripting, Perl & Python
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Prepares documentation for infrastructure changes and participates in related meetings
- Completes network monitoring and deployment reports and/or metrics as determined by the customer.
- Most importantly, responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a large comprehensive monitoring solution (physical & virtual), utilizing Nagios, Check_MK & Thruk.
- Evaluate new monitoring and performance monitoring systems and advise the customer on which solutions meets their requirements.
- Maintain configuration management of the monitoring infrastructure using automation tools such as ansible, chef and puppet.
- Collaborate with Storage, Network and Server Engineers to ensure applications, network devices and systems (virtual and physical) are actively monitored.
- Create custom scripts to monitor devices that do not have checks built into Nagios using shell scripts, perl and python
- Responsible for designing, installing and maintaining the logging infrastructure for the customer, utilizing syslog-ng and rsyslog and making sure that those systems are forwarding the syslog data to the corporate repository for all long-term logging of all data
- Responsible for daily maintenance of all Linux servers to include patching/upgrading/troubleshooting issues and updating systems with security related CVEs.
- Support firmware upgrades and facilitate the repair of physical servers in the infrastructure from multiple vendors (Dell, HP andOracle)
- Support daily VMware operations by installing/upgrading/troubleshooting physical ESXi hosts and infrastructure virtual machines, building/maintaining/troubleshooting virtual machines related to down-line customer ticket requests.
- Demonstrate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e. Recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.