All candidates must have active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly. MAR Division of Oasis Systems is unable to sponsor new clearances.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full time Linux Systems Engineer Level 3 in the Annapolis Junction, MD area. This System Engineer III position supports the back-end of a next generation end user environment that combines a standard modern Windows based Desktop and Office Automation, with Unified Communications through a virtual environment. It brings improvements to desktop reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. With tools for creating, connecting, and collaborating, this environment allows managers, engineers, analysts, and other user groups to focus on their job, while this program provides the necessary IT support.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate must have experience with the following:
- EXPERIENCE LEVEL & EDUCATION: (Minimum equivalent combined education and experience required) Either a Doctorate plus 1 year, OR Master’s plus 3 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 5 years, Associate’s plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, GCIH, or GCED
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- TRAVEL: There is a possibility of NON-hostile area travel (CONUS & OCONUS)
- Good general experience with cloud/servers/network/storage, and the ability to remotely identify issues.
- Must have experience in remotely troubleshooting issues to include, NIC, DIMM, and HDD.
- Must have strong familiarization with iLOM, BMC, and IDRAC interface.
- Must have Linux as primary O/S skill, with Windows as secondary.
- Must have experience with hypervisors such as VMWare and Nutanix.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
This candidate shall have experience with the following:
- Rack/stack equipment installation experience.
- System logging and auditing.
- UNIX Shell scripting, Python, BASH, and basic Puppet experience.
- Active Directory.
- Experience identifying, tracking, and mitigating through a corporate ticketing system
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Supports system deployments and infrastructure implementation
- Experience with cloud/servers/network/storage implementation and support, along with some VMWare experience.
- Hardware troubleshooting, opening tickets, and handing off to Tier 3 as necessary
- Prepares documentation for infrastructure changes and participates in meetings to discuss and obtain approvals for changes
- Completes network monitoring and deployment reports and/or metrics as determined by the customer
- After-hour call-ins are possible
- Must demonstrate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e. Recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.