MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to support the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Software Development contract. The objective of this task order is to support software development and operations and maintenance within all program areas of the Systems and Services Branch (SSB) in the Office of Data and Technology (ODT).
LOCATION: Washington, DC
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required or four years of additional equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE: 7 years of experience managing complex IT projects.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to pass a Special Agreement Check (SAC) and a National Agency Check and Inquires (NACI) Background Investigation - Public Trust
JOB STATUS: Full-Time – 40 hours a week – 8 hours per day
RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will:
- Manage, develop, and lead a team of nine consisting of a technical architect, scrum master/business analysts, and software developers in the development, operations and maintenance of Microsoft-based platform systems and applications, including but not limited to SQL Server, .NET, Visual Studio, C#, and Team Foundation Server.
- Progressive technical and management experience in managing in a Scrum and agile development environment.
- Experience in supporting line of business environments.
- Organizes and directs planning and execution of tasks.
- Provides oral and written project reports.
- Ensures conformance with project/Task Order provisions.
- Responsible for meeting project technical and schedule objectives.
- Work closely with the customer to gather and document project requirements.
- Lead and participate in daily scrum meetings, team status meetings, and other customer meetings.
- Participate in ad-hoc development meetings and brainstorming sessions with CFTC staff.
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders to gather and document both functional and system requirements.
- Meet weekly with the COR to review the current status report and deliver updated project plans, identifying and managing risks and issues to performance of this project and to the Task Order schedule and budget.
- Create and maintain project management plans upon system updates for distribution.
- Utilize the CFTC Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) process and document templates as requested.
- Perform quality control on all team deliverables to ensure they comply with CFTC standards and ensure that grammar, structure, and organization are of the highest quality.
- Develop guidelines and checklists to ensure team deliverables meet quality expectations.
- Ensure team documentation is on the team SharePoint site and updates to projects are posted to Microsoft Team Foundation Server site.
This support includes the following activities:
- Create and maintain enterprise services, applications, and components to support the overall development effort of the Commission.
- Ensure work is completed using the SCRUM methodology and the Commission’s SDLC.
- Re-architect legacy applications using current CFTC development standards, common libraries, and .Net application templates.
- Provide support for Team Foundation Server (TFS) from a development perspective, including assisting with automated builds, standards, merging, and project set up.
- Support application deployment through the CFTC Change Management process from development to production.
- Comply with CFTC Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) process throughout all development and maintenance efforts.
- Ensure development meets CFTC requirements for IT security, Section 508, reliability, extensibility, and maintainability for CFTC business continuity.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have:
- The Project Manager shall have progressive technical and management experience with demonstrated experience in managing SCRUM and other agile project management methodologies.
- Experience implementing line of business systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or four years of additional equivalent experience.
- 7 years of experience managing complex IT projects.
- Tracking and reporting both technical and financial status.
- Development and management of project schedules and budgets.
- Familiarity with Change Management Process.
- Experience in managing technical programs/contracts.
- Ability to interface with customers and/or staff on technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Preferred Technical Skills/Industry Knowledge:
- Understanding of Microsoft technologies – ASP, .NET, MS Windows Servers, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Software Development Lifecycle (5+ years).
- Experience or knowledge in financial industry, background in commodities or futures trading is highly desired.
- PMP Certification
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.