All candidates must have active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly. MAR (MD), LLC is unable to sponsor new clearances.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is seeking hard working, self-motivated individual to fill a Storage Engineer position in a fast paced, highly visible and customer facing environment. Provides assistance in all aspects of NetApp storage management from design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing hardware; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of an enclave environment.
LOCATION: Laurel, MD
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Doctorate and 8 years’ experience, Master's degree and 10 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 12 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 15 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 20 years’ experience in System Administration and/or Network Engineering.
CERTIFICATIONS: Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CSA+
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
- Install, maintain and improve system configurations and solutions, as well as monitor and audit system utilization, performance and problems.
- Full life cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting storage requirements.
- Perform data migration tasks from direct attached storage and within SAN environments.
- Design modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Evaluate new technologies and architecting solutions.
- Perform daily Storage Engineer activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Use storage management tools to discover, monitor, provision and report on the storage infrastructure.
- Participate in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements.
Specific qualifications for Storage Engineer include:
- Experience of Netapp (FAS, File/Block) storage solutions is required.
- Experience with NetAPP data management architectures, including cDOT and 7-mode respectively. Experience with virtual environments.
- Strong communication skills, strong documentation skills, and the proven ability to work in a consultative role to include requirements gathering, solution design, documentation, and training.
- Interface and communicated effectively with customer.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Must possess current/active TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH
- Doctorate and 8 years’ experience, Master's degree and 10 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 12 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 15 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 20 years’ experience in System Administration and/or Network Engineering.
- Must have expertise in Networking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CSA+
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.