Human Solutions, Inc. [HSI], a Division of Oasis Systems, is a professional services company that was established in 1997. Through the knowledge and experience of its skilled professionals, the company offers a wide range of technical and management services for air traffic control providers, aviation planners, airport operators, and business management services for government and industry. Our core competencies include: engineering, human factors, air traffic systems support, safety and QMS, program management and organizational development.
HSI has worked extensively with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients. We also work with aviation organizations around the world and provide management consulting services to other public and private entities.
- Responsible for ensuring that systems, tools, procedures, and training are available to operationally integrate and achieve maximum efficiency and benefits from airspace redesign and procedures for selected air traffic areas.
- Provide on-site support for evaluating and modifying recommended adaptations for new and existing changes to Traffic Management Advisor (TMA)/Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM). Support all phases of software and system testing of adapted systems.
- Assist in the development and validation of Air Traffic Control Specialist (ATCS) operational procedures for newly-developed adaptations and support new training requirements.
- Provide implementation and transition support, participate in on-site testing, demonstrations, and human-in-the-loop simulations to assess and verify potential adaptations, develop procedures and training required to implement approved adaptations, and to understand the impact of planned Performance Based Navigation (PBN) procedures on the air traffic control workforce.
- At least 20 years as an Air Traffic Control Specialist in the En Route and/or Terminal Air Traffic domain.
- Detailed expertise and understanding of the (TBFM) system capabilities and use.
- Knowledge of National Airspace Systems Services, with emphasis on the integration and adaptation of PBN systems and procedures into TBFM.
- Recent and broad experience in ATC operations and procedures in both Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) and Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC).
- Knowledge and ability involving the relationship of operational trends, traffic volume and/or system outages with the ability to translate such into operational concepts and/or procedural changes with specific recommendations for system/operations enhancements.
- Ability to effectively communicate recommendations to FAA Air Traffic and Technical Services.
- Position requires travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.