MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Metrology Technician Level III. The Metrology Technician is responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
LOCATION: Crane, IN
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Over 5 years demonstrated experience is required
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Actvie Secret security clearance
JOB STATUS: Full-Time - contingent upon contract award.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- The Metrology Technician III will independently determine and perform operations required to calibrate and certify electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), US Department of Commerce, or by reference to natural constants.
- Assess and utilize calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements, analyzes magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results and/or test accuracy ratios to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
- Recommend substitution of standards or measuring equipment if required, diagnose and repair malfunctions in complex measuring and test equipment using theories of operation, block diagrams, schematics, logic trees, and software diagnostics to the component level.
- Provide training to apprentice and journeyman technicians on metrology principle, resolving technical problems, and complicated electronic theory, implement quality control plan, identify nonconformities, analyze and interpret trends; recommend corrective actions, investigate and identify root causes of problems.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas to determine quality and reliability standards, inspects measuring and test equipment for preventive maintenance, cleanliness, and safety requirements, analyzes and interprets results of measurements and calibrations using mathematical formulas and authenticate calibration certificates for measurements and calibrations and calibration correction charts.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.