All candidates must have active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly. MAR a Division of Oasis Systems LLC is unable to sponsor new clearances.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Windows Systems Engineer Level III. This position provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems.
LOCATION: National Business Parkway, MD
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Either a Doctorate plus 1 year ,OR Master’s plus 3 years, OR Bachelor’s plus 5 years, Associate’s plus 7 years, OR H.S./GED plus 9 years .
CERTIFICATIONS: One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, GCIH, or GCED.
TRAVEL: There is a possibility of NON-hostile area travel (CONUS & OCONUS).
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
- Provide system support services for Windows Virtual Machines (VM's) and images (scripting, image maintenance, system configuration and automation)
- Establish automated workflows through PowerShell scripting and Task Sequence for creating and deploying cloud images.
- Ensure Windows VMs and images are reporting to corporate tools (SCCM, ePO, etc)
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations
- Maintain up to date system documentation for all responsible systems
- Troubleshoot Windows systems identifying hardware, software and procedural issues.
- Respond to internal trouble ticket system requests:
- Respond promptly and courteously to engineering requests for assistance, take ownership and ensure resolution of tickets in a timely manner.
- Determine the nature of the problem being reported
- Initiate the action necessary to resolve the problem
- Document all communication to and from customers
- Ensure follow-up on outstanding service issues
- Implement plans for deploying new services in a highly available and automated environment
- Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies
- Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department
- Provide weekly status report on activities completed in the last week and current projects.
- Experience building, patching and maintaining servers both physical and virtual.
- An understanding of Cloud Infrastructure Services or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is necessary.
- Windows system administration/engineering experience
- Experience with Windows operating systems, Task Sequence, SCCM, ePO, PowerShell scripting and configuring/maintain DNS.
- After-hour call-ins are possible
- Must demonstrate initiative to move beyond status quo, i.e. Recommending improvements and ways to optimize systems
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.