All candidates must have active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly. MAR a Division of Oasis Systems LLC is unable to sponsor new clearances.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Storage Architect Level V. This position requires a solid tape library background, preferably Oracle StorageTek. This position is part of the program that supports the Enterprise Storage and Database Hosting, Backup and Recovery, Data Archive and Retrieval, and File and Block-based Corporate Storage Implementation in a Database Hosting Environment.
LOCATION: National Business Parkway, MD
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE LEVEL: B.S. Degree with minimum 12 years of experience, or approved equivalent combined education and experience is required.
CERTIFICATIONS: One of the following DoD approved 8570 certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
TRAVEL: Possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), less than 5%.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
- Monitoring day-to-day operational backups
- Troubleshooting failures and correcting problems
- Working with the SAN and tape library management teams
- Working with server administrators to add new clients
- Performance monitoring and application tuning
- New policy creation and policy adjustments
- Production of reports for end users and group management
- Planning and coordinating application updates
- Identifying O/S and hardware issues for server management
- Baselining and planning new hardware for capacity growth and better performance
- Improve processes and process documentation
- Develop and document SOPs and troubleshooting procedures
- Media server and master server setup and system tuning
- Work with security team to establish connectivity, set standards, and ensure data protection
- Utilizing trouble tracking/ticketing systems such as JIRA
- Working with Perl and other scripts
- Available for 24/7 call-in support and adjustment of hours, when necessary
- Some areas of experience that will help in being successful include: NetBackup, Fibre Channel tape libraries, SAN storage concepts - zoning and multipathing, Solaris 10, CentOS/RHEL 5 and 6, Windows 2008 and 2012 server, IP networking (including firewalling, DNS, and multihomed hosts), Symantec/Veritas clustering, VxFS, ZFS, Symantec OpsCenter reporting, and process documentation and improvement skills. An ability to interact with various levels of server administrators is necessary.
- Solid tape library background to include:
- Experience with ACSLS and ACSLS Security
- Experience with Fibre Channel tape units (particularly ACS units from StorageTek) and high-volume tape libraries.
- Experience with tape and disk used in a SAN environment with RH Linux servers
- StorNext File system and storage manager experience
- One of the following DoD approved 8570 certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- S. Degree with minimum 12 years of experience, or approved equivalent combined education and experience is required.
- Possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), less than 5%.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience in maintaining a backup infrastructure, to include tuning and troubleshooting NetBackup systems.
- Experience with Installation and configuration of backup clients, media servers, and SAN clients, along with an ability to perform upgrades, configuration management, and management of SAN devices.
- Experience with corporate backup and recovery, using NetBackup, (Preferably with shared storage option and multiple media servers) - including upgrading and installing new servers. Includes Symantec OpsCenter (Reporting for NetBackup)
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.