MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer/Scientists to provide technical support to the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in Arlington, VA. This cutting-edge technical work includes the application of analytical, technical, and programmatic activities to support ONR Code 33 basic research, applied research, and advanced technology demonstration associated with surface and sub-surface naval platforms and undersea weaponry.
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
EXPERIENCE LEVEL/EDUCATION: Master's degree from an accredited university in a technical field and ten (10) years of experience in a technical field or: a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a technical field and fifteen (15) years of experience in a technical field. Technical Field means: Engineering (any discipline), Mathematics, or Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science or Physics).
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have an active Top-Secret Clearance or Interim Top-Secret Clearance.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time - this position is contingent upon proposal award.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Coordinate and schedule technical reviews, program reviews, and technical demonstrations with government entities, program managers, and ONR personnel.
- Support Program Officers with technical evaluations and reviews of special program proposals and prepare consolidated submissions for department head approval.
- Assist Program Officers with conceptualizing, developing, budgeting for, and socializing new Discovery and Invention (D&I) programs, new Future Naval Capabilities (FNCs) and new Innovative Naval Prototypes (INP) Programs.
- Support technical management of S&T programs including acquisition plan development, and assessment of performance in terms of technical objectives, costs and schedule.
- Support technical liaison activities with other departments, services/agencies, government laboratories, academia, and industry and in day-to-day interactions with other agencies, services, civilian and governmental institutions and organizations to support, facilitate, and promote ONR S&T investment activities.
- Support the management and execution of S&T innovation programs and pilots, including interfacing with government agencies, academia, non-profits, industry, and public and private investment groups.
- Assist in the development of transition plans, strategies and budgets. Analyze and evaluate program plans to identify improvements in transition strategies.
- Assist Program Officers with the selection and funding process for program technology proposals, as well as the development of specific Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) solicitations and the coordination of the review process for these announcements.
QUALIFICATIONS: This candidate must have experience with the following:
- Must have experience in executing and reviewing technical studies, analysis, and design activities.
- Must have experience supporting senior leadership on complex tasks in an S&T Department.
- Must have experience working in a diverse team in support of evolving leadership priorities.
- Must have experience with facilitating collaboration on S&T issues between OPNAV, PEO/PM and Fleet entities.
- Must have experience engaging with senior officials at the Navy secretariat level and senior leadership on strategic RDT&E issues.
- Must have experience in technical program management of programs in excess of $1M.
- Five (5) or more years of experience providing S&T program management beyond the required ten (10) years for a Master’s degree and fifteen (15) years for Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience supporting senior ONR leadership on complex tasks.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.