MAR Division of Oasis Systems, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Technical Writer (Documentation Specialist) at its Rockville, MD offices. The company seeks to identify a highly proactive individual with proven talent in cyber security process development. Though a clearance is not required to apply, the ability to obtain a clearance is a requirement.
LOCATION: Rockville, MD
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Minimum of five or more years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with management and the customer to gather necessary information from appropriate contract personnel, other customer staff, and applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to support the customer in developing, writing, formatting, and editing cyber security related policies, processes, and standards.
- Ensure that the policies, processes, and standards are in line with FISMA, NIST, and OMB guidance.
- Work with internal team members and the customer to obtain an in-depth understanding of customer specific security requirements in order to translate them into policies, processes, and standards.
- Produce high quality documentation that meets security requirements and is appropriate for the intended customer specified audience
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to the team and the customer for additional policies, processes, and standards.
- Five or more years of experience in the cyber security field developing and/or updating cyber security related documentation preferred.
- Experience with the development and/or updating of cyber security related policies, processes, or standards for the last two years.
- Must have excellent technical writing skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of NIST Special Publications, FISMA, OMB requirements, and cyber security best practices.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work and balance complex projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and implement changes immediately.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Proven talent in the areas of business process analysis.
- Familiarity with Remedy Kinetic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products especially Word, Excel, and Visio.
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.