MAR Division of Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer/Test & Evaluation Engineer to support the Unmanned Maritime Systems Support (UMSS) contract located in San Diego, CA. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing test plans, executing at-sea test & evaluation, and documenting results for autonomous maritime systems.
LOCATION: San Diego, CA
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Minimum of five years of experience test & evaluation of maritime systems.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TOOLS: N/A
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
WORK HOURS: 0730-1630. Expect extended workdays during at-sea testing periods.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Functionally, the successful candidate will:
- Develop test plans for Test and Evaluation (T&E) of the Medium Displacement Unmanned Surface Vessel (MDUSV) program, including vessels, payloads, autonomy software, sensors, and communications systems.
- Provide assistance with at-sea execution of test programs, including planning, coordination, data collection, and post-test analysis.
- Assist with development and update of test and evaluation documentation.
- Assist with MDUSV project documentation in the areas of Configuration Management, Requirements Management, Quality Assurance, Project Planning, and Project Monitoring and Control.
- Prepare presentations for major design and test reviews.
- Conduct risk management by identifying areas of concern and developing mitigation strategies, and assist with product improvement.
- Recognize and report system limitations as related to human factors, and coordinate with team members to solve identified challenges.
- Minimum of five years of experience conducting test and evaluation on ocean systems.
- Experience developing and updating DoD test and evaluation documentation.
- Strong administrative skills, especially with MS Office products.
Additional desired, but not required, experience:
- Experience updating and tracking T&E documentation on the SPAWAR Systems Center Project Portal.
- Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree.
- Prior US Navy or US Coast Guard experience.
- DAWIA level II certification
MAR Division of Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.