MAR (MD), LLC has an exciting opportunity for Boat Crew/ Coxswain. The Boat Crew/ Coxswain will provide support and conduct test and evaluation of the ACTUV Project vessel, "Sea Hunter", and to provide systems engineering, development, integration, and life- cycle support for the ACTUV Project. Key to that effort, SSC Pacific is responsible for at-sea operations, and hosting of Sea Hunter at the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SSC) Pacific pier facilities.
LOCATION: San Diego, CA.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: A minimum of 2 years operational experience as a small boat crewman involving test and evaluation of ocean going vessels
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
JOB STATUS: Part-Time; Five days, twelve hours a day, once a month for 12 months.
TRAVEL: Travel to other government facilities or other contractor facilities may be required.
DESCRIPTION: Functionally, the candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing for escort of Sea Hunter during at-sea testing to provide for clearance from non-participating craft, and mammals.
• Providing passenger transportation between Sea Hunter and other craft as necessary for up to four passengers per boat.
• Providing equipment transportation of not more than 300 lbs. of equipment and personal gear between Sea Hunter and other craft as necessary.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: The ideal candidate must:
• At least 2 years operational experience as a small boat crewman involving test and evaluation of ocean going vessels.
• Be of Rigid Hull Inflatable (RHIB) construction
• Have a length of at least 11 meters.
• Have a range of not less than 200 nautical miles
• Be capable of not less than 30 knots with full complement of crew and cargo.
• Coxswains qualified and licensed as "6-Pack" (Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel with Towing Endorsement)
MAR (MD), LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.