Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer located at Randolph AFB, Texas in the Human Resources Division. This position will provide engineering support to a variety of AF Personnel Web applications (Military Personnel Data System (MilPDS) and AF Integrated Personnel and Pay System (AFIPPS).
LOCATION: Randolph AFB, Texas
JOB STATUS: Full-time
TRAVEL: Less than 10%
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
The successful candidate shall possess the advanced knowledge, experience, and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field, possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline. Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures, and practices in the following areas of expertise:
- Technical/Analytical skills in systems/software engineering and support to full acquisition life cycle, from pre-award to post-award, development, testing, and fielding.
- Experience in Air Force Program system engineering policies, procedures, and practices.
- Familiarity with DoD (DISA) Information Technology Infrastructure Requirements.
- Working knowledge of AF Network and Communication traffic, troubleshooting and documentation experience.
- Working knowledge, compliance and implementation of AF System Cybersecurity requirements on large enterprise systems.
- MS Office Applications – MS Visio, MS Access DB, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret (Required)
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 12 years of experience, five of which must be in the DoD, or
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, five of which must be in the DoD, or,
- 20 years of related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
CompTIA Security+ CE Certification
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Level III (Senior)
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Experience implementing Oracle ERP Solutions.
- Experience with monitoring of applications and environments and reacting to system events.
- Develop and maintain System Topology and Architecture Diagram.
- Experience with tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Experience utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager (AWR Reports) and coordinating with various AF organizations and technical personnel.
- Experience with enterprise performance monitoring for an Oracle ERP system.
- Ability to provide monitoring and performance recommendations; leverage expertise to recommend monitoring thresholds.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Tool Suite
The successful candidate shall perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of software engineering to include but not limited to reviewing, preparing, and analyzing all types of documentation: Planning, requirements, design, V&V, support and test, source code, configuration files and engineering resolution support. Responsibilities may also include but not to:
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Preparing and installing solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improving operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtaining and licensing software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Providing information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishing engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations, while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available