Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for senior systems engineer located at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. This position provides systems engineering services to the Trusted Systems and Networks (TSN) initiative at the USAF Cryptologic and Cyber Systems Division. The TSN initiative protects the integrity of the information and communications technology supply chain.
LOCATION: Lackland AFB, TX
JOB STATUS: Full time
TRAVEL: Occasional CONUS travel
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
EDUCATION: MA/MS in a relevant discipline
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 12 years’ experience of which 5 years must be in DoD; or 15 years’ experience with a BA/BS of which 5 years must be in DoD; or 20 years’ of directly related experience of which 8 years must be in DoD.
- Conduct reviews on program portfolios to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications.
- Coordinate TSN, program protection and supply chain risk management (SCRM) evaluation of program information, software, and hardware throughout the program life cycle.
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design, and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications.
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepare management reports and conduct technical presentations for planning, implementation, and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles.
- Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems.
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with Air Force SEAM processes.
- Perform problem/gap definition, trade space analysis, science and technology roadmap analysis, “set based design” for concept development, multi-objective decision analysis (MODA) and cost versus capability trade off analysis.
- Implement digital engineering, digital thread, and digital twin techniques across system lifecycle.
- Implement program protection planning (PPP) guidance from DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.83 “Technology and Program Protection to Maintain Technological Advantage”, to assist Air Force programs that employ system security engineering methods and practices, including cybersecurity, cyber resilience, and cyber survivability in design, test, manufacture, and sustainment.
- Implement TSN guidance from DoDI 5200.44 “Protection of Mission Critical Functions to Achieve Trusted Systems and Networks (TSN)” to assist Air Force programs through both program protection and cybersecurity implementation constructs to provide both uncompromised weapon and information systems.
- Identify, review and assess TSN and program protection documents required by DoD and AF policy for all pathways in the adaptive acquisition framework (AAF).
- Implement TSN and program protection guidance identified in DoD and AF policy and guidance for all pathways in the AAF.
- Remain current with all applicable TSN and Program Protection policy including (but not limited to):
- DoDI 4140.01 “DoD Supply Chain Materiel Management Policy”
- DoDI 5000.02 “Operation of the Adaptive Acquisition Framework”
- DoDI 5000.80 “Operation of the Middle Tier of Acquisition (MTA)”
- DoDI 5000.81 “Urgent Capability Acquisition”
- DoDI 5000.82 “Acquisition of Information Technology”
- DoDI 5000.85 “Major Capability Acquisition”
- DoDI 5000.87 “Operation of the Software Acquisition Pathway”
- DoDI 5000.87_DAFI 163-150 “Operation of the Software Acquisition Pathway”
- DoDI 5000.80_DAFI 163-146 “Operation of the Middle Tier of Acquisition (MTA)”
- DoDI 5000.81_DAFI 163-147 “Urgent Capability Acquisition”
- Air Force Instruction 63-101/20-101 “Integrated Life Cycle Management”
- Air Force Pamphlet 63-113 “Program Protection Planning for Life Cycle Management”
- Proactively ensure that the TSN CoE office is aware of all/any policy updates (DoD, AF, Agency) as it pertains to the TSN mission.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available #MON