Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for an SE-2 Systems Test Engineer in support of C4ISR programs located at the 96CTG, 45 Test Squadron, Air Operations C2 Systems Test Flight Eglin AFB, FL.
LOCATION: Eglin AFB, FL
JOB STATUS: Full Time
TRAVEL: 25% CONUS / OCONUS TDYs
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Requires ability to obtain a TS security clearance
EDUCATION: Requires up to 3 years of experience and a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the applicable discipline
CERTIFICATIONS: DoD IA Technical (IAT) Level 2 certification within 6 months of employment
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 0-3 Years
- Relevant technical experience and knowledge in: system administration and understanding of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting hardware/software.
- Comprehension of Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- DoD IA Technical (IAT) Level 2 certification within 6 months of employment in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M DoD 8570 directives and supplementing AF regulations; AFMAN 33-285 based on position responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team and lead/direct the work of others.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in the use and integration of MS Office applications
- Prior experience or knowledge of Air Operations Center (AOC) Command and Control (C2) systems such as Joint Air Defense Systems Integrator (JADSI); CENTRIXS; Joint Range Extension (JRE); Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS), and Global Command and Control System (GCCS), virtual clients and associate support systems.
- Understanding of development test and evaluation processes, specifically the DoD Acquisition Lifecycle for program development and detailed knowledge of Air Force C2 test methodologies including AFI 99-103.
- Use and integration of programming\scripting languages and applications.
- Knowledgeable with the system development lifecycle, architecture, configuration, and security methods.
- Experience with network services and common network protocols and the ability to install and configure network equipment to include software, VPNs, routers, switches, and other physical hardware.
- Knowledge of IT systems analyses and application software concepts, functions, techniques, and capabilities sufficient to evaluate emerging technologies in a development environment.
- Ability to interface with prime contractors developing the system under test (SUT) regarding test objectives, schedules, budgets, and methods of test.
- Provide technical leadership and frequently serve as the technical advisor for the Air Operations Center (AOC) Weapon System and supporting systems/applications, as well as other C2 systems.
- Provide system administration and cybersecurity support as a technical advisor on Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems.
- Provide individual technical support of critical importance. Conduct data analysis and apply knowledge of engineering technology. Tasks include but are not limited to: system installation, system configuration, system maintenance, test and evaluation, sustainment, operations analyses, technical studies, and various support activities including cost/schedule examinations and program/system security comparisons.
- Provide individual technical support of critical importance to the customer. Provide expertise for all activities relating to the integration, and fielding of major C2 systems.
- Lead and participate in tests, evaluations, assessments, and experiments as directed.
- Review, and/or provide comments and recommendations to the program documentation.
- Conduct data analysis and apply knowledge of engineering technology under the direction of engineering staff. These tasks include test and evaluation, test support, logistics, sustainment, operations analyses, technical studies, and various analyses and support activities including program/system security.
- Assist in the development of system requirements, performance measures, test phase entry/exit criteria, analysis of design constraints, functional capabilities, and metrics.
- Support Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Operational Test (OT), Force Development Evaluation (FDE), Risk Reduction Testing (RRT) and certification for test readiness. Identify deficiencies, verify compliance with specifications and standards, and assess stability of various system configurations.
- Support senior engineers when interacting with System Program Offices, other military services, and development contractors.
- Prepare, execute, review, and analyze test plans, procedures, metrics, and reports throughout the software development life cycle. Develop and write methods of tests, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), test cases, test objectives/procedures, test directives, technical or letter reports, analysis and review of requirements, and other test process documents as required in the conduct of testing.
- Coordinate schedules, pre-and post-test activities, logistics of test planning, and test results
- Travel within continental US, potentially to worldwide sites.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations, while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available