Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Manager located at our office in Washington, DC in support of our Federal Division. Oasis works extensively with the Federal Government where it has earned a reputation for on-time delivery of high-quality products tailored to the special needs of its clients.
LOCATION: Washington, DC
JOB STATUS: Full-time
TRAVEL: As needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: N/A
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required (Communications or English major, highly preferred)
CERTIFICATIONS: APMP Certification, preferred
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 7 or more years of experience
- At least 7 or more years of experience in a proposal development environment, including technical writing, editing, proofreading and productions support.
- Must have working knowledge of the government procurement process including RFIs, RFPs, SBIRs, etc.
- Must have a background in writing, managing, and coordinating proposals, requests for information, and technical and non-technical data calls, with efforts of varying scope for the Federal Government customers.
- Highly proficient in writing proposals and responses to Federal Task Orders, RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and Sources Sought.
- Experience writing to address needs of FAA, NASA, or DOT is a plus.
- Solid research skills and the ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, practices, and specialized vocabulary of various technical fields.
- Experience doing web research, and proficiency with graphics software such as Visio, Photoshop, and Freehand a plus.
- Able to integrate knowledge from internet research, SMEs, and relevant company past performance.
- Knowledgeable of information technology trends, support, services, and certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel, from executive to administrative staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to verbally convey technical concepts in clear, concise and understandable terms is also required.
- Strong experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Coordinating proposal process, following standard procedures, including planning, review, and production of statements of qualifications and proposals.
- Independently conducting research and synthesize into effective reports.
- Communicating key messages to internal and external customers.
- Combining input from various sources to create an aesthetically pleasing document with a single voice that flows and provides a logical progression through the topic.
- Participating in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Participate and lead the Color Team Review process.
- Engaging senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific pursuits.
- Leveraging previously developed content and Subject Matter Expert (SME) interviews to generate new language for use in proposal development.
- Work with the SME’s to develop, draft, and finalize informational and compelling narratives.
- Lead SME’s to their deadlines to obtain the content required.
- Verifying complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Reviewing, organizing, and editing written documentation to improve clarity.
- Gathering and researching information to include in proposals, including resumes and project summaries.
- Updating leads, resumes, project descriptions, and text libraries in marketing’s database.
- Providing final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Conducting client development research.
- Assisting in the day to day hard and electronic file organization.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.