Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for ET-4 Data Link Test Engineer located in the 46 TS/TGBC at Eglin AFB, FL. The position will be supporting the Advanced Programs element with test and evaluation of secure tactical data link systems at the 46 TS.
LOCATION: Eglin AFB, FL
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
TRAVEL: CONUS and OCONUS. Approximately 20%.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in STEM field
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: ET-4
- A Master’s degree in a STEM related field and 10 years of experience or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledgeable about Link 16, MADL and IFDL waveforms, message formats and associated transceivers such as MIDS LVT and JTRS terminals.
- Hands-on experience with datalink systems/equipment operation and trouble-shooting.
- Experience as a test engineer, assisting or leading in the planning, execution, and reporting of Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E).
- Understanding of DT&E processes, specifically acquisition program development and detailed knowledge of Air Force Command and Control (C2) test methodologies including AFI 99-103, Capabilities Based Test and Evaluation.
- Knowledge of systems analysis and application software development concepts, functions, techniques and capabilities sufficient enough to evaluate emerging technologies in a developmental test and evaluation environment.
- Understanding of RF theory.
- Excellent verbal, technical writing and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to work effectively alone and as part of a team.
- Able to direct the work of others.
- Able to lift equipment etc. within individual (50lbs) and two-man lift requirements-with or without an accommodation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance.
- Perform as a member of the 46 TS / TGBC Advanced Programs Element (APE) Test team.
- Interface directly with System Program Offices, other services, Joint Battle Labs as well as product development contractors.
- As a technical leader in an engineering role, review customer requirements and participate in test planning meetings.
- Develop test plans, procedures, and schedules to execute a test within the constraints of customer requirements.
- Execute and report on test events as scheduled and within budget.
- Capable of performing as a team leader in directing and executing datalink system testing.
- Author technical documents and briefings, and conduct formal presentations.
- Travel to locations, as required, for test planning, to conduct tests, collect and reduce data.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective, and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, Federal Aviation Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and other Federal Agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations, while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available