Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager Senior located Wright Patterson AFB, OH.
LOCATION: Dayton, OH
JOB STATUS: Full-time
TRAVEL: See below “Travel”
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must possess an active DoD Secret Clearance
EDUCATION: Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and ten years of experience in the respective technical/ professional discipline being performed with proper certifications as described in the Labor Category performance requirements.
OR, BA/BS degree, and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed with proper certifications as described in the Labor Category performance requirements.
OR, 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications as described in the Labor Category performance requirements.
A Senior labor category possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field, possesses the ability to perform tasks, and oversee the efforts of junior and journeyman personnel within the technical/professional discipline. Shall demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise. A Senior skill level typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Microsoft Internet Explorer, and other standard (Customer specified) applications.)
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
RESPONSIBILITIES: All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Work responsibilities may vary, depending upon assignment.
- Assist with the review, interpretation and application of new statutory and regulatory requirements, and then provide recommendations for Government integration.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follow policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attend work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
- Work flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Work responsibilities may vary, depending upon assignment. Work located on Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Office Automation Tool Proficiency
The Contractor shall independently demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Skype/Lync) and applications for access to the world wide web including MS Internet Explorer. The Contractor may be required to learn to use other commercial or specialized computer applications as specified in this PWS.
The Contractor appearance and presentation shall be professional at all times.
The Contractor shall be the working level point of contact and shall work independently on reviewing and updating self-assessment checklists by utilizing the Management Inspection Control Tool (MICT).
The Contractor shall handle all official records IAW AFI 33-322, AFI 33-364, and AFMAN 33-363.
The Contractor shall accomplish Engineering Management tasks and interact with lateral AFLCMC organizations or any external agencies required including base facility, personnel, security, computer support, foreign disclosure, foreign travel, public affairs, test organizations and the building managers to facilitate and support uninterrupted day-to-day operations.
- Apply an understanding of DoD and AF Program/Project analysis to plan, organize, complete and present assessments of program/project activity management concepts, analyses, studies and procedures to senior leadership.
- Evaluate implications of existing or proposed projects, programs, processes, and policies/laws and recommend improvements to the Government point-of-contact (POC).
- Assist the PM and Acquisition Team in: the planning and organizing of program management activities, and/or analyses efforts of a group of specialists, and /or advising on and performing work related to program management.
- Plan, organize, complete, and present assessments of program management concepts, analyses, studies, and procedures.
- Assist in performing a wide range of activities including gathering a variety of program information, conducting analyses, acquisition strategy planning, pre-award and post-award document preparation, and milestone planning, tracking, scheduling, briefing preparation, staff coordination, and decision documentation preparation.
- Provide support to establish and maintain databases and assist in the development and analysis of key program metrics.
- Assist in developing and integrating risk management plans and strategies and support program briefings.
- Assist in determining program progress and effectively communicate recommendations orally and in writing to higher organizational management.
Schedule Project Management
- Develop, report, and maintain schedules and metrics that are needed to track program status.
- Shall have a working knowledge of, and be able to effectively apply Earned Value Management (EVM) principles in order to evaluate and report program health and status.
- Interface and coordinate with lateral USG organizations, i.e. headquarters, major commands, aircraft wings/squadrons, test agencies, and USAF Centers or other external agencies as required in order to accomplish assigned tasks.
External Mission Partners Program Management Activities
- Assist with the resolution of programmatic issues including, but not be limited to, interfacing/querying Air Staff, Air Force Major Command, and Department of Defense personnel.
- Document the status, decisions, and open actions to be resolved because of inquiries, and deliver executive-quality products to the PEO/Deputy.
- Assist with the proper coding and filing of Directorate records within the Air Force guidelines, and shall be knowledgeable in the use of Air Force Records Information Management System (AFRIMS) and proficient with the Electronic Records Management (ERM) system per AFI 33-364 and AFMAN 33-363.
- Demonstrate an understanding of DoD acquisition processes, and analytical methods or techniques to gather, analyze, and evaluate information required by programs or project managers and Mission Partners; draw conclusions and devise solutions to problems relating to improvement of acquisition effectiveness and compliance; develop and draft acquisition documentation and ensure quality control; many perform work measurement studies, program or operations efficiency reviews, cost studies, or workload change impact analyses; and rely upon and use automated management information systems in performing fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions. The Contractor shall apply an understanding of contracting policies and processes for the purpose of analyzing requirements and developing solutions to include pre-award and post-award situations.
- Shall sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for any pre-award assistance with source selections and other reviews requiring access to proposals or proprietary information of other Contractors whether pre- or post-award.
- Apply understanding in the application of acquisition management initiatives such as buying commercial items (i.e. acquisition of Non-developmental Items (NDI), Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) items, and FAA certified items), Commercial Practices (such as Performance Based Business Environment), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Evolutionary Acquisition and Agile Acquisition of the Integrated Defense Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Life Cycle Management System and Acquisition Streamlining.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and managing critical aspects of the development, production, and/or deployment of systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Apply DoD acquisition procedures, analytical methods and techniques to gather, analyze, and evaluate information required by program/project managers and Mission Partners.
- Have an understanding of current Air Force acquisition regulations, guidelines, and processes to integrate, communicate, coordinate, organize, and plan technical and acquisition efforts across a broad spectrum of functional disciplines (i.e. Technology development and integrating engineering, program control, foreign disclosure, test and deployment, configuration management, production and manufacturing, quality assurance, and logistics support).
- Support the acquisition program management full life cycle requirements of systems, subsystems, and equipment throughout the case life cycles.
- Provide recommendations in support of overall training systems to include, but not be limited to, systems requirements identification and documentation, simulation and support systems design activities, SIMCERT, planning site bed-down and facility planning, sustainment planning, installation, test and integration, acceptance and eventual integration into the field training unit (FTU) and sustainment.
- Assist in providing acquisition program analysis support, including technology development and integrating engineering, program control, foreign disclosure, test and deployment, configuration management, production and manufacturing, quality assurance, and logistics support.
- Assist in the management of Instructional Systems Design (ISD) processes which include, but is not limited to, managing/conduction proposal analysis/reviews, courseware requirement reviews, various working groups and program management reviews.
- Assist in the management of Training Systems Analysis (TSA) efforts for system modifications and emerging training requirements.
Acquisition Document Preparation
- Arrange and support various program actions such as meeting attendance; meeting minutes; milestone planning, tracking, and scheduling; briefing preparation; staff coordination; risk management plan and strategy development and integration; and decision documentation preparation.
- Develop and prepare briefings in the required format for approval by the Government Program Manager to provide program status.
- Assist with development of documentation and funding requirements leading to program implementation.
- Assist in identifying and resolving any program management issues.
- Assist in the review of documentation for programmatic considerations and issues and shall assist in recommending solutions or improvements.
- Assist the Program Management Office (PMO) with development and review of Should Cost/Will Cost Estimates and programming of funds for POM submission into the FYDP.
- Assist in preparing plans and documentation required to participate in the Material Development Decision (MDD), pre/post Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), and the Milestone A, B and C decision processes (DoDI 5000.2).
- Shall be required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) prior to assisting in the development of pre and post award documentation supporting source selection activities including requests for proposal (RFPs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), Performance Work Statements (PWSs), and Statements of Work (SOWs). Under a signed NDA, the Contractor may also review proposals of prime Contractors and their subcontractors, and present recommendations to the Government for use in technical evaluations.
- The Contractor shall assist with the review, interpretation and application of new statutory and regulatory requirements, and then provide recommendations for Government integration.
- May be required to travel using commercial air, USG air, and other conventional modes of transportation to Outside Continental United States and Continental United States (OCONUS and CONUS) locations in support of program meetings, reviews, audits and other activities held at Government and Contractor facilities.
- Shall travel unaccompanied and unsupervised.
- All travel (including plans, agenda, itinerary, and dates) require prior approval by the EPASS CO for OCONUS travel or COR for CONUS travel.
- CONUS travel requests shall be submitted no later than ten business days prior to travel.
- Shall notify the EPASS CO or COR of the costs of air travel, and receive prior written approval when the use of other than least costly air travel is required to complete a Government-directed task.
- Shall submit a Trip Report upon return from travel. The trip report shall be submitted within 5 business days of return from earliest date of travel. At a minimum the trip report shall include: name of employee; date(s) of trip; site visited; trip purpose; relevant observations during trip.
- Check for additional OCONUS Travel Requirements for FAR clauses 52.228-3 and 52.228-4 that apply to OCONUS travel.
Office Work Environment:
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available