Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for Avionics System Integration Engineer, Senior located at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. This position supports the B-2 Division (AFLCMC/WWZ) Directorate as an Avionics System Integrator, Senior. Work location is WPAFB Ohio.
LOCATION: Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH.
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
TRAVEL: Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills):
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have an an Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
EDUCATION: A Senior labor category shall have a minimum of 15 years of experience and an ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in engineering. A Senior labor category typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 15 or more years of experience based on educational requirements listed above
- A Senior labor category shall have a minimum of 15 years of experience and an ABET accredited Bachelor’s degree in engineering. A Senior labor category typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Must obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard and monitor.
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Work responsibilities may vary, depending upon assignment.
- Applies an understanding of DoD, AF, and common engineering/scientific principles, processes and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and joint service weapon systems.
- Applies MIL-HDBK-516B, Airworthiness Certification Criteria, to aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Assists in translating user requirements into weapon system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate weapon systems, subsystem, and equipment for eventual fielding and deployment.
- Assists with the development of requirements and technology needs into action plans and policies necessary to improve and retain world class manufacturing, operations, re-manufacturing, and de-militarization/disposal of weapon system capabilities within the USAF.
- Performs technical/mission analyses of existing and future operational requirements, assist in developing system concepts, and perform technological/trade-off assessments of proposed designs/modifications.
- Provides rapid response engineering service and support as augmentation to organic resources through in-depth problem identification, impact assessment, and development of corrective actions for critical supportability problems.
- Supports and conducts the system safety engineering program, including mishap risk assessments; evaluate contractor safety proposals and safety analyses; evaluate safety concerns of using and support commands and assist with resolution of high priority safety issues.
- Performs materiel solution analyses leading up to design reviews.
- Produces or supports development of draft documentation and presentation materials as requested or necessitated by programmatic limits based on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Assists in translating AFGSC and ACC user requirements into system requirements, which will be used to design, develop, fabricate, test, and evaluate systems, subsystems, and equipment for deployment.
- Provides support to produce or review products that include the following: technical evaluations/plans; engineering studies, reports, and analyses; and acquisition strategies/plans such as: ICD; CDD; CONOPS; CPD; System Requirements Document; System Specification; RFPs; System Engineering Plan (SEP); Capability Assessment Reference Database; Systems Engineering Tradeoff Analysis; Acquisition Strategy Plan; Corrosion Control Plan; Software Development Plan (SDP); Reliability Management Plan; Human Engineering Plan; RMP; Obsolescence Management Plan; Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP); Program Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health Evaluation; ISP; Program Protection Plan (PPP); Technology Assessment/Control Plan (TA/CP); Cybersecurity Plan; Security Authorization Package documentation (System Security Profile (SSP); Plan of Action and Milestone; Security Assessment Plan; Security Classification Guide (SCG); Alternative Live Fire T&E Plan; Clinger-Cohen Act Compliance; Consideration of Technology Issues; Data Management Strategy; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Survivability Assessments; Net-Centric Data Strategy; Spectrum Supportability Determination; Technical Data Rights Strategy; Technology Readiness Assessment; Manufacturing Readiness Assessment; ICD; and other program/technical documents as required.
- Develops and collects technical data and inputs for staff summary packages and executive briefings to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approvals.
- Supports project team meetings, working groups, and reviews as needed, such as: SRR, System Functional Review, PDR, CDR, TRR, System Verification Review, TCM, TIM, FCA, PCA, PRR, PMR, and other meetings/working groups/reviews as applicable.
- Analyzes equipment and software deficiencies, make recommendations for equipment and software deficiency corrections, and develop, integrate, and test equipment and software deficiency solutions.
- Assists the government in the engineering evaluation of prime and subcontractor recommendations for operational and support issues such as: evaluations of ACSNs, ECPs, CCPs, Federal Aviation Administration Bulletins, modification proposals, DMSMS, program risk, and related documents.
- Supports the development and evaluation of IMP, IMS, and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule engineering cost estimates.
- Performs, as required, an advisory role for program source selections on all engineering related requirements.
- Supports AFLCMC/WWZ in the performance of disciplined engineering activities to assure Operational Safety Suitability & Effectiveness (OSS&E) for all products.
- Follows the Life Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and OSS&E related AFI and all lower level supplements and related documents including applicable OIs.
- Assists with establishing, implementing, and adhering to LCSE processes to ensure OSS&E compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Aids the Air Force in reviewing and updating the OSS&E Baseline Document and shall support the Air Force in the identification of OSS&E elements, progress reporting of OSS&E metrics, and interaction with other organizations to ensure continued OSS&E compliance.
- Ascertains the implementation status of the SEP throughout program operations and notify the Air Force of pertinent shortfalls or gaps for which corrective action may be needed.
- Supports the Air Force Integrity Programs, maintain and update the Critical Safety Item list, and monitor Airworthiness Certification for B-2 Division aircraft.
- Supports the Air Force in establishing Hardness Maintenance/Hardness Surveillance (HM/HS) per DNA-H-93-140, Military Handbook for Hardness Assurance, Maintenance and Surveillance (HAMS), 1 Feb 1995, and implementing design concepts of AFPAM 91-118 Safety Design and Evaluation Criteria for Nuclear Weapon Systems.
- Serves as an Avionics Systems Integration Engineer with particular emphasis in tactical data link systems, position location, display systems, digital interphone systems, and identification capabilities for application to military operations. Supports Aircraft Information Management Systems requirements, testing, certification, and spectrum management requirements, testing, and certification. Applies knowledge of Communication Navigation Surveillance/Air Traffic Management (CNS/ATM) requirements, policies, and regulations to define requirements, complete CNS/ATM compliance matrices, and support testing and certification of aircraft and supporting systems. Communicates with other engineering functionals such as Structures, Crew Systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Reliability and Maintainability, Manufacturing, System Safety, etc.
- Performs development and integration of platform software requirements to include mission planning.
- Supports information management assessment and authorization to include development of security controls, test approaches, and risk identification and mitigation to obtain an Interim Authority to Operate or Authority to Operate.
- Assists in the interoperability certification process to include coordinating with Air Force Command and Control Integration Center for program clearance into Air Force System Operability Test and Joint Interoperability Test Command testing.
- Performs engineering tasks in support of development activities including requirements definition, design, integration, test, and transition to operations. Provides assistance with the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System requirements management.
- Applies detailed knowledge of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, all verification methods to include review of ICD, sustainment, modeling/simulation, T&E, and model based systems engineering. The Contractor shall perform analysis, requirement analyses, and system capacity analysis, investigate alternative solutions and architecture trade-offs, make assessments, support operations concept development, and document results. Reviews and/or develops draft systems engineering documents in support of Milestone reviews and events.
- Performs work with other government organizations and the prime contractor and their subcontractors to support technical information exchange and open communication on Security Assessment and Authorization, Frequency Management certification, and Interoperability certification.
- Participates in regular team meetings, TIMs, technical reviews, and ICWG meetings. Supports the establishment of entrance and exit criteria, developing agendas, reviewing content, resolving action items, and coordinating the technical review of the results.
- Supports hardware/software development and related system ground and flight test activities such as but not limited to: Hardware In-the-Loop, Subsystem Integration Labs, Developmental Test & Evaluation (DT&E), and Initial Operational Test & Evaluation (IOT&E) related activities.
- Supports Airworthiness directives and assist in platform approval and certification. The Contractor will utilize current MIL-HDBK-516 (Airworthiness Certification Criteria) to determine applicable requirements, and work with other agencies as required, to achieve a desired level of certification.
- Applies knowledge with the requirements identified in Net Ready Key Performance Parameters Memo CJCSI6212.01F, be capable and knowledgeable of technical requirements associated with the preparation of the ISP. This engineering analysis is critical to determining Clinger Cohen Act statutory compliance, by identifying information need, net-centric, interoperability, and supportability issues and assesses conformance to the DoD Chief Information Officer’s stated information policy and goals. Must be capable of exploring the information-related acquisition program needs and the operational and functional capabilities that a program delivers or contributes to the warfighting enterprise. Associated experience is required in documenting, identifying, and resolving potential information support implementation issues and risks that if not properly examined, will limit or restrict the ability of a program to be operationally employed in accordance with the defined capability.
- Institutes a collaborative process bridging warfighter (sponsor) identified capability needs (requirements) to planning for the acquisition of materiel solutions which satisfy the need. This support shall include researching program information, providing systems engineering insight, conducting analyses, and briefing preparation.
- Manages interfaces and processes with the development planning, technology, intelligence, acquisition, sustainment, and user communities.
- Applies knowledge and experience to the scope of enterprise activities which spans requirements/acquisition and sustainment and includes: understanding doctrine, assisting in identifying and defining requirements, developing horizontally integrated acquisition, sustainment, and investment strategies, integration of technologies, integration of intelligence, and development of sustainment strategies. Capability requirements and option sets will be architecture-based to ensure the necessary interoperability and appropriate linkages to other capabilities. The integrated option sets developed may cut across multiple platforms, programs, and phases as well as across multiple enterprises.
- Supports development of strategies for crosscutting capability requirements. Assists with initiating, writing, reviewing, developing, implementing documentation activities such as TEMPs, SEPs, RFPs, SOOs, Test Plans, LCMP, Pre-MS A and Pre-MS B documentation, etc. as appropriate.
- Supports the identification, assessment, and analysis of the future capability solution sets required to support capability requirements. These activities will be critical subject areas during Program Reviews, IBRs, etc. Reviews systems engineering initiatives brought about by policy changes to buying commercial items (such as acquisition of Non-Destructive Inspection, Commercial Off-The-Shelf items, and FAA certified items) and commercial practices (e.g., Performance Based Business Environment).
- Assists in managing capability and systems engineering studies that involve multiple divisions.
- Assists in communicating system engineering solutions, risk analysis, and future solutions within the AFLCMC to include programs as well as Major Commands, other enterprises, and the Air Staff.
- Assists in transition of programs into and the termination of programs out of the Fighter/Bomber Directorate for use in the field enhancing the warfighters capabilities.
- Assists in planning across family of systems and system of systems especially in the development of Capability Manager Strategies, e.g. airborne electronic attack and others.
- Develops, improves, and administers technology processes to include Applied Technology Councils, Small Business Innovative Research, and/or other initiatives to identify, assess, and submit proposals to the technology community to pursue further.
- Reviews planning documents (e.g., Mission Need Statement, Operational Requirements Document, ICD, CDD, or CPD) for realistic industrial base execution. Promotes the use of MS&A throughout the acquisition lifecycle process and foster the development and maintenance of common use M&SA tools useful to the government/industry.
- Assists in integration of intelligence information and infrastructure to ensure cross-enterprise capabilities planning and system acquisition.
- Provides a wide range of recommended solution sets for capabilities integration planning. Organizes large and small group briefings for discussions gaining cross Divisional engineering expertise.
- Assists in the development and review of the overall system design baseline (architecture and interoperability requirements). Assists with developmental planning support in evaluation of the military mission to be accomplished and any related requirements documentation. Reviews and analyzes proposals, including regulatory and other policy driver changes or proposed modifications for design feasibility and system compatibility. Supports the core engineering tasks as they relate to system design engineering.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follows policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attends work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Performs occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
- Works flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry’s out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Submits monthly status reports and other information as requested
- Complies with requirements of the contract’s Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA).
- Prepares CDRL inputs including the Task Order’s Monthly Status Report.
- Completes required Government and PESystems training and certifications.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required.
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required.
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available.